Pre-sessional English Language programme progression bursary
For students who join presessional English courses in Term 3 of academic year 2020/21 (starting on 12 April 2021) and then progress onto a degree in September 2021.
There is no need to apply for this scholarship. Eligible students will be automatically considered.
What's on offer?
A £1,000 bursary, deducted from degree course tuition fees when the student successfully progresses from the pre-sessional course.
Who is eligible?
Fee paying students who accept a place on a presessional course starting in Term 3, pay presessional tuition fees in full and received by the university by 29 March 2021 and completes the presessional course successfully. The student would also have to progress to a degree programme starting in September 2021.
Conditions of the award
- You must start and successfully complete a presessional course beginning in Term 3 of 2020/21 (starting on 12 April 2021). This includes the 30-week (Modules B, C, D), 20-week (Modules C, D) and 10-week (Module D) courses. The award cannot be backdated or deferred.
- The university must have received your presessional tuition fee in full by 17:00 BST on 29 March 2021. Depending on how you choose to make payment, please be aware that there may be a delay between you making payment and the funds being received by the University.
- You must be starting a full-time, campus-based degree course commencing in September 2021.
- The £1,000 bursary will be discounted from the tuition fees for your degree. For undergraduate and PhD students, the bursary will only apply to the first year of studies.
- This bursary may be added to a second scholarship award.
- This bursary is not applicable to sponsored students.
- If you currently have a conditional offer of a place at the University, you will still need to fulfil any conditions stated on your offer letter.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.