International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
In recognition of the high standard of applications which we receive for our degree programmes we are delighted to offer an international merit scholarship.
This merit-based scholarship, worth at least £3,000 per year, is offered to international-fee-paying students applying for an undergraduate degree* at the University of Leicester. A higher-level award of £5,000 will be made to applicants demonstrating exceptional academic performance.
This scholarship rewards academic achievement, for all international qualifications equivalent to British A-levels, as follows:
- Successful Achievement of our entry requirement – £3,000 per year
- Achieving three grades above standard A-level equivalent** – £5,000 per year
There is no need to apply for this scholarship. Eligible students will be automatically considered. If successful, you will be notified when you submit your final results.
Terms and conditions
- You must be classified as an international student for fee purposes.
- You must be starting a full-time, campus-based undergraduate course*, commencing in September 2024.
- The fee discount will be calculated on the basis of the standard tuition fee for each year of your course.
- The scholarship will not apply for periods of industrial placement or overseas exchange, resit years or if you suspend your studies for any reason.
- In accordance with scholarship guidelines, students are allowed to hold only one University of Leicester scholarship. If you are awarded more than one scholarship, you will only receive the higher value award.
- If you currently have a conditional offer of a place at the University, you will still need to fulfil any conditions stated on your offer letter.
* Excluding Medicine and LLB Maitrise
** Discretion will be applied where an equivalent level is not practically attainable within the marking scheme of particular international qualifications.