International Postgraduate Taught Merit Scholarship (September 2024)
In recognition of the high standard of applications which we receive for our Masters degrees we are delighted to offer an international merit scholarship.
This merit-based scholarship, worth at least £3,000 per year, is offered to international-fee-paying students applying for a postgraduate taught degree at the University of Leicester. A higher-level award of £5,000 will be made to applicants demonstrating exceptional academic performance.
This scholarship is for students starting their course in September 2024. If you are applying to start in January 2024, please refer to the appropriate scholarship from this list:
- Biological Sciences International PGT Merit Scholarship
- College of Science and Engineering International PGT Merit Scholarship
- International Postgraduate Taught Merit Scholarship
- Law International Merit Scholarship
- Media, Communications and Sociology International PGT Merit Scholarship
- ULSB International PGT Merit Scholarship
This scholarship rewards academic achievement:
- Successful achievement of our entry requirements – £3,000
- Achievement of an Undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK first class degree – £5,000
There is no need to apply for this scholarship. Eligible students will be automatically considered. If successful, you will be notified when you submit your final results.
Terms and conditions
- You must be classified as an international student for fee purposes.
- You must be starting a full-time, campus-based Master's course commencing in September 2024.
- The fee discount will be calculated on the basis of the standard tuition fee for each year of your course.
- The scholarship will not apply for periods of industrial placement or overseas exchange, resit years or if you suspend your studies for any reason.
- In accordance with scholarship guidelines, students are allowed to hold only one University of Leicester scholarship. If you are awarded more than one scholarship, you will only receive the higher value award.
- If you currently have a conditional offer of a place at the University, you will still need to fulfil any conditions stated on your offer letter.