Once you have received an offer from us, you will also be invited to attend an Offer Holder Day sometime between December and April.
This day will give you the opportunity to find out more about your course, your department and the University. The exact arrangements will depend on your department, but you can expect the following:
- Welcome presentation introducing the University of Leicester.
- Campus tour led by current students with the opportunity to quiz them about life as a student.
- Taste of life at Oadby Student Village, including a look inside a typical student room plus some of the social and other facilities in one of our Halls of Residence.
- Visit to your department, where you can hear more detailed information about your course, talk to staff and students, see the facilities and generally get to know the department a bit better.
Some departments also offer a taster lecture or lab activity to give you a feel for academic life.
Offer Holder Days are held on Saturdays between December and April (plus the Wednesday of half term week). Each department has specfic dates for their own Offer Holder Days. Some departments have certain dates for certain courses.
We will send you an email invitation with a list of dates for your department's Offer Holder Days. You can then book a place for you (and any guests, such as parents) on the date that's most convenient for you. Online booking is via the MyStudentRecord system.
If you can't make any of the dates listed in your email, don't worry. You're still welcome to come and look around campus on one of our Friday Campus Tours, and you can email your department with any questions you might have.
You won’t be expected to prepare anything for the Offer Holder Day, but to get the most out of the day we recommend spending some time beforehand researching your course and department on our website so that you can ask more detailed questions when you're here. Points worth considering include:
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Opportunities to spend time abroad
- Opportunities for work placements
- Range of modules available, including both core modules that you have to take and option modules that you will choose from a list.
If you have any queries about Offer Holder Days please contact your department or firstname.lastname@example.org, 0116 252 5281