Supervision and research areas
We offer PhD and MPhil supervision in Modern Languages in areas compatible with the research interests of our academic staff including:
- French and Francophone Studies
- Italian Studies
- Spanish and Latin American Studies
- Translation and Interpreting Studies
- 20th/21st Century Literature and Cultural Studies
- Film Studies, Photography and Visual Culture
- Spatial Practices and Diaspora
- Gender and Sexuality Studies
Interested in a different research area?
It is important that the area you want to work in is broadly compatible with our research interests - otherwise we may not be able to accept your application.
However, please do not feel we will not be interested if there is not an exact match. It is sometimes possible to be flexible, so please contact us.