Supervision and research areas
We offer PhD and MPhil supervision in Sociology in areas compatible with the research interests of our academic staff including:
- Citizenship, Migration, and Identity
- Culture, Consumption, and Production
- Childhood, and Generation
- Developments in Theory and Methods
- Methods and Research Design
- History of Social Science
- Social Class
- Everyday life and Biographical Research
- Democracy and New Media
- Process Sociology
- Drugs and Addiction
- Work and Employment
- Emotions and Identity
Interested in a different research area?
It is important that the area you want to work in is broadly compatible with our research interests - otherwise we may not be able to accept your application.
However, please do not feel we will not be interested if there is not an exact match. It is sometimes possible to be flexible, so please contact us.