Supervision and research areas
We offer PhD, MD and MPhil supervision in Population Health Sciences in areas compatible with the research interests of our academic staff including:
- Allied Health Professions
- Diabetes Research Centre
- Genetic Epidemiology
- Social Science Applied to Health Improvement Research (SAPPHIRE)
- Mental Health, Ageing, Public Health, and Primary Care (MAPP)
- The Infant Mortality and Morbidity Studies (TIMMS)
Interested in a different research area?
It is important that the area you want to work in is broadly compatible with our research interests - otherwise we may not be able to accept your application.
However, please do not feel we will not be interested if there is not an exact match. It is sometimes possible to be flexible, so please contact us.
Self Funded Projects
The projects below are available to applicants who are able to fund their own study or have their own sponsor The University is not able to offer financial assistance for these projects. To apply please refer to the project advice and use the application link at the bottom of the page.
- Supervisors: Professor Laura Gray, Dr Lucy Teece and Professor Kamlesh Khunti
- Project Title:Extending the use of the Leicester Diabetes Risk Scores with a focus on use in ethnic minority groups
- Supervisors: Dr Samuel Cai. Professor Anna Hansell, Dr Tim Lucas
- Project Title: Environmental influences in the ageing brain: a cross-cohort investigation in UK-wide populations
Ref: HS-SF- Bhattacharjee
- Supervisors: DrAtanu Bhattacharjee, Dr Francesco Zaccardi and Professor Kamlesh Khunti