Supervision and research areas
We offer PhD and MPhil supervision in Criminology in areas compatible with the research interests of our academic staff including:
- Causes of crime
- Victimisation and victimology
- Crime prevention and security studies
- Probation, prisons and offender rehabilitation
- Gender crime and violence
- Hate crime and social justice
- Forensic science and psychology in criminal justice
- Police and policing
- Security and terrorism
Interested in a different research area?
It is important that the area you want to work in is broadly compatible with our research interests - otherwise we may not be able to accept your application.
However, please do not feel we will not be interested if there is not an exact match. It is sometimes possible to be flexible, so please contact us.