Professional learners and CPD
In addition to our undergraduate and postgraduate distance learning degree courses, we offer a range of short courses or single modules for professional development. Continuing Professional Development (CPD) at Leicester can give you and your organisation the opportunity to develop new skills and expertise, making you stand out from the competition.
Our CPD courses are relevant across a range of sectors and professions including Management, Finance, Healthcare and Teaching. Choose from conferences, short courses over a few days or long courses studied over a few months. Some courses are accredited and credit bearing, such as the Defending Your Organisation Against Fraud and Corruption course, while others are non-credit bearing such as our Language for Business courses. Study is often part-time and online but can be on campus or within your workplace.
You can join one of our existing courses as an individual or we can design a bespoke course to support your workforce's professional development.
Find out more about the courses available below or contact our Enterprise and Business Development team to discuss designing a bespoke course for your organisation.
Computing and Informatics
History, Heritage and Archaeology
- Oral History Training
- Heritage Practice Training Courses
- The Country House (Individual modules from the MA)
- Socially Engaged Practice in Museums and Galleries (Individual modules from the MA)
- Archaeology (individual modules from the BA)
- British Sign Language Course
- Short courses in 12 languages from beginners upwards
- Language for Business courses
Management and Business
Medicine and Healthcare
- Chemotherapy Course
- Individual Modules from MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert in Diabetes
- ImageJ Workshops
- Mirror Therapy
- Primary FRCA Intensive
- Quality and Safety in Healthcare
- SCAN (Schedules for Clinical Assessment in Neuropsychiatry Version 2.1)
- Two Day Event Working Together in Child Mental Health and Promoting Positive Mental Health
- One-day events on different types of child mental health problems/disorders
- Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: Working with Children & Adolescents - 5 Day Course
- Mirror Therapy
- Practising Reflection: Reflective Practices in Disaster Risk Reduction
- Managing Security and Risk in Healthcare Settings
- Continuing Professional Development for all those Working in Education
- Consultancy services and workshops for improving educational and training practices through the use of learning technologies