CELTA, the industry standard language teaching qualification, is delivered at the ELTU
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this event has been cancelled. For any questions, please contact email@example.com
Delivered by our experienced CELTA trainers, the aim of the CELTA Taster is to give participants an idea of what Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) involves for both learners and teachers; what knowledge and skills an ESOL teacher needs and whether this could be a possible career path for you!
Topics covered include:
- Topic 1 – Learners and teachers, and the teaching and learning context
- Topic 2 – Language analysis and awareness
- Topic 3 – Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
- Topic 4 – Planning and resources for different teaching contexts
- Topic 5 – Developing teaching skills and professionalism
The sessions will be very practical with demonstrations of techniques and methodologies as well as some micro-teaching from you. You will also get to observe some teaching on video
No previous teaching experience is required.
You will receive a certificate of attendance at the end of the day if you attend all sessions. However, please note that this taster day does not lead to a TESOL qualification.
- External participants: £50
- University of Leicester staff: £20
- Current UoL students: £20
This charge will be deducted from your fees if you sign up for a CELTA course with us.
To be confirmed.
To be confirmed.
Draft programme for the day
- 9.00 – 9.30 Welcome/registration/tea & coffee
- 9.30 – 11.00 Learners and teachers
- 11.00 – 11.30 Break
- 11.30 – 13.00 How to teach systems
- 13.00 – 14.00 Lunch and meet ex-CELTA trainees
- 14.00 – 15.30 How to teach skills
- 15.30 – 16.00 Round up: qualifications and jobs
You will be emailed a payment link within 2 working days after submitting your application. Please ensure you complete the payment in order to secure your place on the course. Places are limited, you will get a certificate of attendance at the end if you attend the full day. However, please note this course does not lead to a TESOL qualification