Online EAP Teacher Development Programme
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this course will be conducted online in 2021. For any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Aims of the EAP Teacher Development Programme
The aims of this two week course are to give English teachers an insight into the world of EAP (English for Academic Purposes) teaching and to develop their teaching skills in the context of a British university.
Why join the EAP Teacher Development Programme?
- Learn about the fundamentals of teaching EAP from expert practitioners in the field
- Become a more effective teacher by developing teaching skills and increasing understanding of teaching methodology
- Enhance your CV and career prospects
- Take advantage of a unique opportunity to observe online EAP teaching in a UK university setting
- Share experiences with other English language teaching professionals from around the world
- To raise awareness of theoretical and practical issues underlying EAP course design and methodology
- To introduce a range of practical classroom applications
- To promote self-awareness and self-directed teacher development
The course is constructed around three overlapping themes:
- The EAP context aims to identify the context surrounding EAP classes: the Higher Education community, beliefs, genres, discourses and practices
- The EAP practitioner is broken down into two main strands: teaching and research
- EAP practitioner: teaching focuses on pedagogic methodology and its implementation in the classroom; materials (design and evaluation) and assessment. Observations, virtual and recorded, are used as a tool to investigate CLT and EAP practice
- EAP practitioner: research focuses on action research. Participants will be given an overview of this research method and then will, in pairs, conduct research into a topic of interest in their teaching situation for presentation on Friday of Week 2
The final session of this theme is CDP: reflection and action points.
- The EAP student examines students existing competences and future needs and expectations; development of study and language skills and independent study
The two week course includes:
- A course welcome and induction programme
- 25 hours of live video classes
- Virtual observations of practising teachers
- Input sessions from experienced and qualified EAP trainers
- Materials and activities for classroom use
- A Virtual Learning Environment to provide support before, during and after the course
- Action research methodology to help you master your own career development
- Access to the award-winning online library
- A course completion certificate and written feedback
The Online EAP Teacher Development Programme will take place between the 12 and 23 July 2021.
The live classes are scheduled for 7:30 – 9:00 and 9:30 – 11:00 BST/14:30 – 16:00 and 16:30 – 18:00 CST.
Applications should be submitted by 18 June 2021.
Participants should have a minimum of one year’s teaching experience and an English level equivalent to IELTS 6.5. Please contact us if you are unsure of your level or have not taken an English test recently.
Participants must be able to demonstrate an interest in EAP.
£500 for partners.
Payment is required in full to accept a place on the course.
Learn more about The Rachel Abounouar Scholarship.
- Tuition fees for all classes along with all materials
- Certificate of attendance and written feedback
- Access to University of Leicester online facilities
If you are interested in joining us this summer, please complete an application form (logon required).
Please be advised that when you have applied, we will ask you to send us your CV or resume in order to decide on your application.
If you have any questions, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Within 14 days of acceptance of place||Full refund|
|On or before 1st July 2021||Half refund|
|After 1st July 2021||No refund|