The Rachel Abounouar Scholarship
The Centre for International Training and Education is pleased to offer The Rachel Abounouar Scholarship for its 2022 EAP Teacher Development Programme.
This scholarship has been created in memory and recognition of the late Rachel Abounouar who was Course Director of the EAP Teacher Development Programme for many years and was the driving force making it the success it is today. Rachel sadly passed away on 12 December 2019. Inspired by Rachel's passion for teacher development and encouraging excellence, this scholarship is aimed at providing financial assistance to an outstanding English teacher to participate in the course in the form of a full fee waiver.
Please complete the online form below in English by midnight of 7 June 2022. Applications will be judged on the basis of a 150 word personal statement commenting on:
- Why the applicant should be awarded The Rachel Abounouar Scholarship.
- How the applicant expects to benefit from attending the EAP Teacher Development Programme.
- How the applicant would contribute to the EAP Teacher Development Programme.
Terms and conditions
- The scholarship will be in the form of a full fee waiver for the 2022 EAP Teacher Development Programme. The applicant will be liable for all other costs of attending the EAP Teacher Development Programme, such as for travel, subsistence, visas and insurance. The scholarship is not valid for any other University of Leicester course.
- The applicant must meet the entry requirements for the EAP Teacher Development Programme and have received an offer of a place.
- The scholarship is only valid for the 2022 two week EAP Teacher Development Programme, dates can be found on the programme page. It cannot be deferred by the applicant until a subsequent academic year.
- No cash alternatives will be offered and the scholarship cannot be transferred to any other course at the University of Leicester.
- Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the University of Leicester and the decision of the judging panel is final.
- The University of Leicester reserves the right to revise, review or withdraw the scholarship up to the point of invitation if the applied for course is no longer run. The student will be informed in advance of this decision at the earliest opportunity.