The industry standard language teaching qualification is now being offered by the ELTU.
The Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) has been the most recognised initial qualification in English Language Teaching for over forty years. Whether teaching in private schools in Spain, Poland or Thailand or the UK, the Cambridge CELTA gives you access to robust contracts with reputable providers.
- Includes real teaching practice as well as input sessions
- recognised worldwide by everyone from the British Council to the University of Leicester
- small groups for personalised tuition
- accredited trainers who have worked in the UK and abroad
- job opportunities as soon as you finish!
Course dates for 2022
5 week intensive (full-time)
- Dates: 4 July to 4 August 2022
- Timetable: Monday to Thursday, 9.00am-6.00pm
- Application deadline: 27 May 2022 11.59pm
- Interviews: 6th and 8th June 2022
- Delivery: Face to face
10 week semi-intensive (part-time)
- Dates: Tuesday 11 October to Wednesday 14 December 2022
- Timetable: Tuesdays and Wednesdays for 10 weeks, 9.00am-6.00pm
- Application deadline: Thursday 25 August 2022 11.59pm
- Interviews: Monday 12 and 14 September 2022
- Delivery: Face to face
The fee for each course, including Cambridge fee and materials:
- £1,450 for University of Leicester staff and graduates
- £1,550 for external candidates
In order to accept your offer, you will need to pay a £200 deposit.
In case of withdrawal, we will only offer a refund up to 14 days from the deposit payment date.
If you’d like to receive information about future CELTA taster events, or the 10 week and 20 week extensive part-time courses, please email email@example.com.
More information about the course, information about syllabus, assessments etc. can be found on the Cambridge CELTA website.
Who is CELTA for?
CELTA is an introductory course for applicants with little or no experience of teaching English to speakers of other languages. Candidates with some experience but little formal ELT training will also be considered, as well as native and non-native speakers.
On your application form, you should demonstrate that:
- you are at least 18
- you are educated to the level required for entry into higher education (e.g. 'A' level)
- you have an awareness of language and a competence in both written and spoken English which will enable you to undertake the course and prepare for teaching a range of levels
- your English is good enough to teach at a range of levels (CEFR Level C1–C2 or above.)
- you have the potential to develop the necessary skills to become an effective teacher and to successfully complete the written assignments and the practice teaching assessments
- it is useful if you have experience learning another language, but not essential.
Interested in finding out more about CELTA?
The ELTU organises a CELTA Taster event, to give participants an idea of what doing a CELTA entails. Interested? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest and we will contact you when the next event is taking place.