CELTA Sanctuary Scholarship
This Sanctuary Scholarship is for students with a background of forced displacement who wish to study on our face-to-face CELTA course. CELTA is an initial teacher training qualification for people who wish to enter the field of teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL). Learn more about CELTA.
This CELTA Sanctuary Scholarship will be awarded to up to one applicant per cohort who can demonstrate that they have the ability to succeed academically, but face barriers to that success.
Where places are available, the number of awards on offer are:
- 1 x full fee waiver (including exam fee) for each 5-week intensive CELTA course
- 1 x full fee waiver (including exam fee) for each 10-week semi-intensive CELTA course
- 1 x full fee waiver (including exam fee) for each 20-week extensive CELTA course
Before applying for this Sanctuary Scholarship, you must apply online for a place on the CELTA course. Before applying for a place on the CELTA course, please ensure you meet the conditions to study on that course.
You must also have a background of forced migration to the UK, falling into one of the following status groups:
- An asylum seeker - a person who has made a claim for refugee status in the UK
- A person who has been granted Humanitarian Protection (HP) or Limited Leave to Remain (formerly Discretionary Leave to Remain) in the UK
- A refugee - a person who has been granted refugee status by the UK Home Office
- Other immigration statuses may also be considered (e.g. people with temporary refugee status, those on Ukraine, Afghan and Syrian resettlement schemes, etc)
How to apply
Please complete the application form to apply for this scholarship.
The deadline for applying for each CELTA Sanctuary Scholarship is the same as the deadline for applying for a place on your chosen course.