Online EMI Teacher Development Programme
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this course will be conducted online in 2021. For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is designed for academic staff who are using English as a Medium of Instruction (EMI) i.e. teaching their academic subject in the English language. The course covers methodology, techniques and strategies which can be personalised to individual contexts.
Aims of the Online EMI Teacher Development Programme
Participants will study the key principles behind the design and delivery of an English Medium Instruction course. Participants will develop an understanding of methodology and strategies in order to deliver academic content more effectively by motivating students and creating a more interactive environment
Why join the Online EMI Teacher Development Programme?
- Become a more effective practitioner by developing teaching skills and increasing understanding of methodology.
- Learn from expert practitioners, informed by the latest research.
- Enhance your CV and career prospects.
- Share experiences and network with other teaching professionals from around the world.
- Access University of Leicester academic resources, such as the online library.
Contents of the Programme
- Pre-arrival needs analysis
- A course welcome and induction programme
- 25 hours of live video classes
- 25 hours of guided independent study
- Materials and activities for classroom use
- A Virtual Learning Environment to support you before, during and after the course
- Action research methodology to help you master your own career development
The Centre for International Training and Education can also develop a tailored version of this course, either at your institution or here are the University of Leicester.
In this way we can meet the specific requirements of partners, including number of participants, content, location of delivery and duration. These courses can also include input from other areas of the university, such as the School of Education. Please email email@example.com to discuss your requirements
The Online EMI Teacher Development Programme will take place between 12 and 23 July 2021.
Applications should be submitted by 18 June 2021.
Participants should have a minimum of one year’s teaching experience and an English level equivalent to IELTS 6.5. Please contact us if you are unsure of your level or have not taken an English test recently.
Participants must be able to demonstrate an interest in EMI.
£500 for partners
Payment is required in full to accept a place on the course.
What’s included in the course fees?
- Tuition fees for all classes
- Certificate of attendance and written feedback
- Access to University of Leicester online facilities
If you would like to join this course this summer, please complete an application form (logon required).
Please be advised that when you have applied, we will ask you to send us your CV or resume in order to decide on your application.
If you have any questions, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Within 14 days of acceptance of place||Full refund|
|On or before 1 July 2021||Half refund|
|After 1 July 2021||No refund|