Discover our various outreach projects, designed to share our enthusiasm for mathematics with school and college students.
Current activities and events
Our undergraduates are involved in the Undergraduate Ambassadors Scheme (UAS) and the Students in Classrooms Scheme whereby students are placed in schools to inspire and encourage younger students. UAS is incorporated into the module MA3511 Communicating Mathematics, and as such may be chosen as part of the Mathematics degree course.
If you are a mathematics teacher in Leicester or Leicestershire and would like to get involved with either UAS or the Student Associate Scheme, please contact Professor Nicole Snashall.
Year 12 and 13 problem-solving courses
Mathematics newsletter for schools
We create a mathematics newsletter designed for schools to have more fun with mathematics. You can download our past issues:
- Newsletter 1 (PDF, 216kb)
- Newsletter 2 (PDF, 804kb)
- Newsletter 3 (PDF, 237kb)
- Newsletter 4 (PDF, 462kb)
- Newsletter 5 (PDF, 209kb)
- Newsletter 6 (PDF, 334kb)
Talks in schools
Our academics like to share their enthusiasm for mathematics with the public, and particularly with schools. If you would like to arrange for a mathematics outreach talk at your school, please contact Dr Frank Neumann. You can also browse some of our sample topics for talks.
Forthcoming activities and events
- Advanced Mathematics Support Programme (AMSP)
- College of Science and Engineering: Widening Participation
- University of Leicester: School and College Services
- Institute of Mathematics and its Applications: e16plus Newsletter
- Institute of Mathematics and its Applications: Maths Careers
- London Mathematical Society: Small Grants for Education