Engagement monitoring 2021-22
In light of a return to campus-based teaching we have revised our approach to learning and teaching and developed a new Policy on Student Engagement 2021/22. This policy allows us to:
Provide teaching and learning in lie with UK government requirements:
- Adapt to any local or global changes.
- Provide you with appropriate support.
- Ensure compliance with UKVI requirements linked to sponsored students.
- Ensure compliance with the Student Loans Company (SLC), in relation to students who have been withdrawn.
Your school will advise you of the specific engagement requirements of your course, including activities and events that are mandatory. Schools monitor your engagement with campus-based face-to-face events, as well as digital learning materials and events. If your school assesses that your engagement levels are low enough to affect your studies, they will reach out to offer support.
Many of our schools are delivering teaching using Blackboard and Teams, and will monitor your engagement with online materials. Physical attendance at face-to-face events is recorded when you swipe your ID card against the card readers in our centrally timetabled teaching spaces. You can register your attendance up to 15 minutes before the start time of a teaching event.
- Senate Regulation 2 (Regulations governing admission and registration for taught programmes) includes details of student responsibilities for carrying your student card with you at all times and not allowing this to be used by anther person.
- Senate Regulation 4 (Regulations governing student obligations) includes details of student responsibilities for attendance at timetabled teaching events and the management of non-attendance.