Non-engagement with your studies

  • You are responsible for your own participation in your learning experience by engaging and fully attending all elements of your programme, to give you the best opportunity to successfully progress with your studies.
  • Schools will monitor your engagement with online materials and activities as well as on-campus teaching events (where you are expected to attend) on a regular basis.
  • You can submit a request to your school for a short period of absence from your studies.
  • If your engagement causes a significant concern, your school will contact you to ensure you are aware of the support that is available and the courses of action open to you. If there is concern around your wellbeing, your school may refer you to the University’s Student Support Services.
  • Please reach out to your school or our support services if you are having difficulties, so we can work together to ensure you achieve the best possible outcome for your studies.

International students

  • International students studying in the UK on a Student Route visa sponsored by the University have an obligation to attend all of their timetabled teaching and to engage fully in all aspects of their programme of study. The University has an obligation as a sponsor licence holder to monitor their attendance and engagement and has a specific Policy on Engagement for International Sponsored Students.
  • If you are an international student studying at the University of Leicester on a Student Route visa sponsored by the University you must abide by the policy on engagement for international sponsored students. If your engagement with your programme of study is not satisfactory you risk being withdrawn from studies for non-engagement, in which case the University will withdraw visa sponsorship and will report you to the Home Office who will cancel your visa.
  • It is very important that sponsored students who are facing difficulties communicate with their school, and seek appropriate support from other teams, including Student Immigration Advice and Compliance (visas@le.ac.uk) where required.
  • You can read more about your responsibilities and the conditions of your visa on the Student Immigration Advice and Compliance (log in required) webpages.

Back to top