- Space Park Leicester (SPL) celebrates first of its kind drone launch - Project on AI-enabled imaging led by Professor Tanya Vladimirova
- Dr Shuihua Wang and her team's research paper has been awarded 2022 Best Paper Award for Information Fusion.
- Dr Richard Craggs has been awarded a Leicester Student Union Superstar Award for Best Personal Tutor.
- AI research work for depression detection on Twitter has been published in IEEE Trans on Affective Computing by Professor Zhou, H in collaboration with our research partners. Read the press release by the Independent.
- Academics in Mathematical Sciences Alexander Gorban, Bogdan Grechuk and Ivan Tyukin have published a paper in Notices of the American Mathematical Society; a highly prominent publication which is the most widely read mathematical journal in the world. Congratulations to Alexander, Bogdan and Ivan. Read the article.
- Social stress key to population’s rate of COVID-19 infection - research led by Professor Alexander Gorban and Dr Evgeny Mirkes.
- Dr Alberto Paganini has been successful in his Royal Society Industry Fellowship with BlueSky.
- Landscape of 21st Century Mathematics - Dr Bogdan Grechuk's new book is now available.
- Enhancing Digital Twin (DT) technology using Self Learning Autonomous Systems (SLASs) - A team from Computing at Leicester and Space Research Center will collaborate with European Space Agency (ESA) and AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited (AIRBUS) consortium to tackle the correlation problem using the SLASs technology.
- Leicester Students in the final of the Unicode Challenge competition - In the final of the National Unicode challenge by Showcode, the students from Computing placed 11th out of the top 30 UK Universities from all leagues, by overall points, 4th out of 73 Universities.
- Computing Graduate Teaching Assistantships 2021 - Three 4 year fully funded Graduate Teaching Assistantships (GTA) for PhD study.
- Research published by Nature - Professor Huiyi(Joe) Zhou's group worked with the research partners from the University of Cambridge and several other institutions over the world on the topic of heart failure.
- BBC commissions Leicester artist to mark ‘Culture in Quarantine’ - Professor Andrew Hugill has been commissioned to produce a seven-part musical series for BBC platforms this summer examining life in lockdown.
- Meet the 'ethical hacker' Prabhjot Dunglay who helps Google, Apple and Dell stay secure.
- Semantic Comparisons of Alloy Models - Jan Ringert and Syed Waqee Wali's paper has received the Best Foundation Paper Award and an ACM SigSoft Distinguished Paper Award.