We are active in a broad range of scientific fields (including mathematical ecology, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, scientific computing, among others) and play a key role in interdisciplinary collaborations across the University (including with Space Park Leicester, the Institute of Precision Medicine, among others). We are also leading on numerous industrial collaborations including leading the AIDAM centre. Find more information about the research interests of our members of staff.
We provide a stimulating research environment committed to the development of high quality projects and publication at international level. There are internal and external seminar series, graduate lectures and reading groups, all making for a research environment in which staff and students can fulfil their potential.
- Mathematical Modelling and Foundations of Scientific Computing
- Trustworthy and Reliable AI and Data Science
- High-Performance AI and Data Science
- Embedded and Edge-Enhanced AI and Data Science
Themes are overarching areas of scientific expertise, primarily to give an overview of research. Research activities will be organised around groups, which could be scientific or mission oriented.
Groups in Computer Sciences
- AI and Its Applications
- Distributed and High-Performance AI Systems (including Digital Twins)
- Trustworthy Autonomous Systems
- Creative Computing
Groups in Mathematical Sciences
- Mathematical and Computational Modelling for Natural Sciences and Engineering
- Foundations of Scientific Computing
- Mathematical foundations of AI and Data Mining