Current research projects within the group include:
- Use of Optical Coherence Tomography (Gottlob). Funded by the Ulverscroft Foundation.
- Can handheld optical coherence tomography (Gottlob). Funded by the National Eye Research Centre.
- Concurrent visual impairment and dementia (Hutchinson, Paterson). Funded by The Alzheimer’s Society.
- Pioneering a New Method for Investigating the Neural Correlates of Ageing Effects during Natural Reading (Paterson). Funded by the ESRC.
- The role of glasses wearing in amblyopia treatment (Proudlock). Funded by Action Medical Research.
- Learning to write with the eyes: Solving the Midas touch problem (Souto). Funded by the British Academy.
- Predicting future vision in infants and young children with nystagmus using optical coherence tomography and eye movement recordings (Thomas). Funded by Fight for Sight.
- Nonsense suppression therapy for infantile nystagmus – a pilot study (Thomas). Funded by the Academy of Medical Sciences.
- Revealing the implications of reading strategy for reading behaviour and comprehension (White). Funded by the ESRC.
- Early Recognition of Raised Intracranial Pressure in Craniosynostosis using Hand. NIHR Fellowship held by Dr Sohaib Rufai.
- Development of pediatric normative database (Proudlock). Funded by MRC-CiC – LD3.
- Application of Artificial Intelligence in Paediatric Ophthalmology (Thomas). Funded by MRC-CiC – LD3.