If you’d like to expand your awareness of geology, take a look at our reading suggestions. (Don’t worry, it’s not compulsory!)
- Jan Zalasiewicz and Mark Williams: The Goldilocks Planet: The Four Billion Year Story of Earth's Climate
This is just one of the great books written by Leicester professors Jan and Mark!
- Marcia Bjornerud: Timefulness: How Thinking Like a Geologist can Help Save the World
The role of geologists has changed over the years. This book shows why geologists are vital for our future.
The following books are not about geology, but will help develop your thinking and awareness on important topics:
- Daniel Kahneman: Thinking, Fast and Slow
Take the time to read not just about geology and science, but also about how we make decisions and whether we behave as rationally as we would like to think. Incredibly thought-provoking.
- Matthew Walker: Why We Sleep: The New Science of Sleep and Dreams
Recommended by recent graduating students, this book provides lots of insights into why a good night’s sleep really does matter, and the impact it can have on your learning and beyond.
- Caroline Criado Perez: Invisible Women: Exposing Data Bias in a World Designed for Men
When you finish your degree your views on many things will have been challenged. Start with this incredible perspective on the realities of the everyday world we live in.