Your next steps


When will I receive my invitation to register online?

Invites will be sent out in August for new (campus based) students joining us in September. If you are a new postgraduate taught student, you can expect to receive an invitation in the week commencing 7 August 2023. For new undergraduate students, invitations will be sent out from Thursday 24 August 2023.

New students will only receive an invitation to register once they hold an unconditional offer and have formally accepted their place on the programme. If you haven’t received an invite to register, and are unsure of any outstanding requirements, please contact our admissions teams:

How do I find my tuition fee?

Your tuition fee liability will be included in your offer letter. If you have any questions regarding your tuition fee, please contact or call +44(0)116 252 3733 (Monday to Friday, 10.00am to 12.00pm and 2.00pm to 4.00pm)

How do I pay my tuition fees?

You can find lots of helpful information about our accepted payment methods on our Fees and Funding pages.

I’ve just paid my fees online, why can’t I register?

Once you have paid your tuition fees online (via ePay), you will need to allow 24 hours before attempting to complete your Online Registration to allow your payment to be processed and your record to be updated. Please be aware that some payment methods can take up to 10 working days to be received. Please refer to our Fees and Funding pages for more information.

My tuition fees will be paid by the Student Loans Company (Student Finance) but MyStudentRecord is showing I need to make payment?

If you have had an application accepted by the Student Loans Company, please send a scan/photo of your confirmation letter to Once we’ve had confirmation that your funding is in place, your record will be updated to allow you to register. 

How do I register online?

Students will need to register online at MyStudentRecord

I don’t have a MyStudentRecord account, how do I create one?

If you need to register online, and haven’t already created a MyStudentRecord account, you will need to select the ‘New User’ option on the MyStudentRecord log in page and follow the on-screen instructions. You will be asked to set up a temporary password to allow you to log in. You will need to ensure you click the confirmation/validation link in the security email that will be sent to you from You will not be able to log in without confirming your password. 

How do I login to MyStudentRecord? 

You will need your username and password. If you are a new student, your username is your 9 digit University of Leicester student number. Please note that you cannot use your UCAS personal ID number.

I don’t know my student number, where can I find it?

You can find your student number in your registration email, or any other communications sent to you from the University.

I’ve entered my username and password but I can’t log in, what do I do?

If you have just created your MyStudentRecord account, did you remember to click the confirmation link in the security email to verify your password? If not, you will need to verify your password before you will be able to log in – please check your spam/junk folder for the email as well as your inbox. You will need to click the link within 48 hours – if the link has expired, don’t worry – you can reset your password by clicking the Applicants ‘forgotten password’ link on the MyStudentRecord homepage. 

I’ve logged in but I can’t see the Registration tab?

Are you using a mobile device? If so, you may need to click the menu button at the top of the screen to see the Registration tab. 

I’ve forgotten my MyStudentRecord password, what do I do?

If you are an applicant (don’t yet have a University of Leicester IT account), please select the Applicants ‘forgotten password’ link on the MyStudentRecord homepage.

If you already have a University of Leicester IT account, you can find information about resetting your password here.

I can’t upload a photo for my student ID card

You will only be able to upload a photo to MyStudentRecord using a laptop or desktop computer and not using a mobile device. 

Photo guidelines can be found here.

If you are still having issues, don’t worry – we can take a photo of you when you complete your Identity Check/Visa Checkpoint. 

I’ve logged in to MyStudentRecord but Registration for my course is closed?

Registration will close two weeks following the start date of your course. After this two-week period, your department will need to authorise late registration. Please contact your department as soon as possible to confirm the reason for missing the deadline and your expected arrival date. Make sure you include your student number so they know who you are!

Back to top