In order for us to issue your University ID card, we need a photo of you, which you can upload directly to MyStudentRecord (login required).
Your student ID card is used for:
- Accessing University buildings, including the library
- Accessing the gym
- Proving your identity when collecting University documents and taking exams
- Always remember to keep your ID card on you when visiting the campus.
What it needs to show
We need to see your face clearly so, like a passport photo, you should avoid:
- A hat or other head covering (unless it's for religious reasons)
- Dark glasses
- Hair over part of your face
- Filters or retouching
However, unlike a passport photo, we don't mind if you smile!
Format and size
- We accept .bmp, .gif, .jpeg, .jpg and .tiff files
- Please crop it to these dimensions: height 180 pixels, width 150 pixels
- Please make sure the file size is less than 1MB
If there is a problem with your photo, we will contact you and request a different photo. This could mean your student ID card won't be ready at the start of term.