If you receive a payment request please ensure you are confident it has been sent by the University. The following information can help you check any request you received:
- Cash payments are not accepted by the University for tuition or accommodation fees and cash deposited into our bank account will also not be accepted.
- Do not allow others to make payments for you and do not pay your fees to anyone other than the University directly, including Agents.
- You may risk losing your money if it does not reach the University and you will still be required to pay by the payment due date.
- You will be held accountable for any fraudulent, attempted or received payments, made to the University even if you did not make the payment directly.
- You will be held accountable for any falsified payment documents sent from yourself, regardless of who made the payment.
- Do not pay anyone who is offering a discount on your tuition fees. You may risk losing your money if it does not reach the University.
- Refunds will only be issued to the original source and we will require evidence of the original payment with no exception.
- Check the email address that has sent you the request ends in @le.ac.uk or @leicester.ac.uk.
- Reminders and letters asking for payment will only ever be emailed.
- The University will never provide our bank account details in a payment request, the methods of payment we accept can be found below.
- Do not allow individuals to make payment on your behalf as you cannot be sure that they will make legitimate payments to the University.
- If you are unsure about any payment requests you receive please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unsure a payment request you receive was sent by the University please contact us before making payment.