If you receive a payment request please ensure you are confident it has been sent by the University. The following information can help you check any request you received:
- Check the email address that has sent you the request ends in @le.ac.uk or @leicester.ac.uk.
- Reminders and letters asking for payment will only ever be emailed.
- The University will never provide bank account details in a payment request, the methods of payment we accept can be found below.
- If you are unsure about any payment requests you receive please contact us at email@example.com.
Before choosing a method of payment please be aware of the following. Students are often targeted by fraudsters. The University has a zero-tolerance policy to fraud. If any payment made for a student is found to be fraudulent the student will face disciplinary action, including expulsion.
- Do not allow others to make payments for you and do not pay your fees to anyone other than the University directly, including Agents.
- Do not pay anyone who is offering a discount on your tuition fees – this is most likely fraudulent activity.
- You will be held accountable for any fraudulent, attempted or received payments, made to the University even if you did not make the payment directly.
- You will be held accountable for any falsified payment documents sent from yourself, regardless of who made the payment.
- Consequences of fraudulent payments or falsified payment documents include expulsion.
- You may risk losing your money if it does not reach the University and you will still be required to pay by the payment due date.
- To verify the source of the payment, we may require evidence of the payment clearing the account before payment is allocated to your account.
- Refunds will only be issued to the original source and we will require evidence of the original payment with no exception.
If you are unsure a payment request you receive was sent by the University please contact us before making payment.
- +44(0)116 252 3733
- Phone lines are open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 10.00am to 12.00pm and 2.00pm to 4.00pm.
- Distance Learning Team (all courses) - firstname.lastname@example.org
How to pay
Cash payments are not accepted by the University and cash deposited into our bank account will also not be accepted.
The accepted payment methods are: