Before making payment
Students are often targeted by fraudsters. The University has a zero-tolerance policy to fraud. If any payment made for a student is found to be fraudulent the student will face disciplinary action, including expulsion.
The University has financial obligations it must comply with when receiving payments. Before choosing a method of payment please be aware of the following:
- Do not ask others to make payments for you.
- Do not provide your personal details to allow others to make payment on your behalf.
- Do not pay your fees to anyone other than the University directly, including Agents.
- Do not pay anyone who is offering a discount on your tuition fees – this is most likely fraudulent activity.
- You will be held accountable for any fraudulent, attempted or received payments, made to the University even if you did not make the payment directly.
- You will be held accountable for any falsified payment documents sent from yourself, regardless of who made the payment.
- Consequences of fraudulent payments or falsified payment documents include expulsion or withdrawal of offer for applicants.
- You may risk losing your money if it does not reach the University and you will still be required to pay by the payment due date.
- To verify the source of the payment, we may require evidence of the payment clearing your bank account before payment is allocated to your record.
- Refunds will only be issued to the original source and we will require evidence of the original payment with no exceptions.
Ensure communication has come from the University
If you receive a payment request please ensure you are confident it has been sent by the University. The following information can help you check any request you received:
- Check the email address that has sent you the request ends in @le.ac.uk or @leicester.ac.uk.
- Reminders and letters asking for payment will only ever be emailed.
- The University will never provide bank account details in a payment request, the methods of payment we accept can be found below.
- If you are unsure about any payment requests you receive please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are unsure a payment request you receive was sent by the University please contact us before making payment.
- +44(0)116 252 3733
- Phone lines are open Monday to Friday, 10.00am to 12.00pm and 2.00pm to 4.00pm.
- Distance Learning Team (UG and PGT) - firstname.lastname@example.org
How to pay
Cash payments are not accepted by the University and cash deposited into our bank account will also not be accepted.
The accepted payment methods are: