We offer a range of undergraduate courses accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS), enabling you to gain a broad psychological knowledge and range of career skills.
We also offer a wide range of postgraduate courses and research degrees (MPhil, PhD, PsyD and DClinPsy), and have received a high number of commendations for good practice in recent BPS accreditation visits for both undergraduate and postgraduate activities.
Why choose Psychology at Leicester?
As a student of psychology you will benefit from the following:
- An international reputation for excellent research which feeds into our teaching - meaning you will work with academics at the cutting-edge of their fields
- All of our undergraduate degrees are British Psychological Society-accredited, meaning that they will provide you with the necessary knowledge, both of psychological theory and practice, for you to progress in your future career
- Our team are active in research - teaching is conducted by experts in their field who are up-to-date with current issues and findings
- We provide you with excellent career support
- A degree in psychology is the first step towards a career in scientific research or for training in one of the professional fields of psychology, such as clinical, forensic or occupational psychology
- We offer a range of degrees and flexible courses allowing you to tailor your studies to your own interests
We have fantastic research and teaching facilities which include dedicated computer laboratories and a psychometric test library.
For more specialised research, we have a virtual reality laboratory, laboratories for visual perception and tracking of eye movement, a judgement and decision making laboratory and EEG laboratories.
We have dedicated laboratories for research into reading and language comprehension, memory, visual and auditory perception, and visual cognition.
We welcome applications from international students and make every effort to support you throughout your studies at the University of Leicester.
- Find out more about being an international student at Leicester