UCAS applications for April 2020 and September 2020 are now open.
Stage 1: UCAS form
We have minimum academic requirements (see entry requirements on our course webpage). Your UCAS form should detail your academic qualifications (achieved and pending), a current academic reference and a personal statement, plus details of any employment. Follow the UCAS guidance on writing your personal statement and in addition demonstrate:
- Evidence that you are serious about a career as a registered healthcare professional.
- Evidence that you have the ambition to be an ODP.
- Evidence that you have appropriate qualifications, skills and personal attributes to undertake this course and become an ODP.
- Evidence that you can contribute to the delivery and achievement of the core values of the National Health Service.
The highest scoring applicants will be invited to an interview.
Stage 2: Interview
The interview will take the format of multiple mini interviews (MMIs). The process will last about half a day, and through a number of stations various attributes will be assessed.
Based on consideration of both your UCAS form and your interview, we may then make you an offer.
Stage 3: Offer
Your offer will be conditional if you are still awaiting the results of your A-levels, Access Course or equivalents.
- Do you really wish to make a career out of being an ODP?
- Have you given serious thought to the financial commitment in undertaking the course?
- Attend a University Open Day
- Visit a Placement Hospital if possible
- Have an awareness of the NHS Values. As an institution preparing students for the wider world of health care. We will develop and build upon the values of the NHS Constitution tailoring them to their local needs. The NHS values provide common ground for co-operation to achieve shared aspirations, at all levels of the NHS.
All offers of a place on the course can only be confirmed following:
- Acceptable Enhanced Level DBS check (the cost of this will be covered by the University).
- Satisfactory Occupational Health Clearance. See more details regarding health issues (PDF, 73kb)