Come to Leicester if you are an aspiring leader who is looking for a nursing course with a difference...
- An undergraduate Masters degree you can study at Masters level but still receive full funding through the Student Loans Company.
- Dual registration – you will receive your MSci Nursing (with Leadership) degree and will be eligible to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a nurse with a first registration in mental health and an additional registration in either adult or children’s nursing.
- The course has a focus on professional leadership and draws on the expertise of our School of Business. You’ll graduate with a clear plan to accelerate your career.
- We have outstanding facilities. Our new £42 million George Davies Centre is a state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly building that harnesses the very latest technology and resources, creating an outstanding learning environment for our healthcare students and facilitating inter-professional education. You will learn here and in other parts of the University and NHS.
- Get valuable experience through a range of clinical placements throughout the four years which are specific to your chosen field of practice.
- Our Clinical Skills Unit offers high tech simulated patients to enable you to practice procedures in a safe environment before having to perform them on patients.
- All first year students are provided with iPads. Lecture and group work material is delivered directly onto the iPads enabling you to annotate during sessions. Content can also be rapidly revised and updated.
- We have fully embraced the rapidly changing field of digital technology, both in its application to teaching but also to the provision of holistic personalised nursing care.
- Uniforms will be provided for clinical placements and simulations.
- Lectures in the dissection room supports our teaching of anatomy and physiology and is an opportunity offered in very few nursing courses.
- Through our teaching we advance communication skills and knowledge in communication methods such as motivational interviewing.