Come to Leicester if you are an aspiring leader who is looking for a midwifery course with a difference...
- An undergraduate Masters degree (this means you can study at Masters level but still receive full funding through the Student Loans Company).
- A focus on leadership from day one that develops your leadership skills throughout the course for you to exit with a clear career plan.
- Leadership skills are co-facilitated with the University’s School of Business.
- We have outstanding facilities. Our new £42 million George Davies Centre is a state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly building that harnesses the very latest technology and resources, creating an outstanding learning environment for our healthcare students and facilitating inter-professional education.
- Our course includes maternity case-holding from the very start, with a range of clinical placements throughout.
- Our Clinical Skills Unit offers high tech simulated mannequins to enable you to practice procedures in a safe environment before having to perform them on service users.
- All first year students are provided with iPads. Lecture and group work material is delivered directly onto the iPads enabling you to annotate during sessions. Content can also be rapidly revised and updated.
- We have fully embraced the rapidly changing field of digital technology, both in its application to teaching and also to the provision of holistic personalised maternal and neonatal care.
- Uniforms will be provided for clinical placements and simulations.
- Attending lectures in the dissection room supports the teaching and learning of anatomy and physiology and its application to midwifery practice.