How to prepare
Graduation is an important moment in your life. It's a chance to celebrate your academic achievements in the company of family, friends and colleagues.
Please follow our graduation checklist to help you to prepare for the day:
- Complete the graduation registration.
- Make sure you’ve hired your gown.
- Pick out your graduation outfit.
- Ensure that your travel arrangements are sorted out before the day.
- If you’re travelling from abroad, make sure to get your visa sorted and plan your accommodation. You can find visa information on our website.
- Make sure you have the right date and time of your ceremony noted down, and don’t forget to arrive with plenty of time - we recommend at least two hours before your ceremony starts!
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Students who are eligible to attend a graduation ceremony will be invited to register online through My Student Record.
You will receive an email to your University and personal email address with further information. This usually happens in May for those graduating in July, and in November for those graduating in January.
You need to ensure you complete this before the registration deadline, even if you are not planning on attending a ceremony.
All graduands and guests should be aware that they may feature in footage of the degree ceremony. By registering to take part in your graduation ceremony and by requesting guest tickets, you are giving permission for your image to be recorded.
If you have not received an invitation to register once the relevant registration period is open, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and student ID number.
Outstanding library books
Don't forget to return any items you still have on loan from the David Wilson Library before your graduation ceremony. You can speak to the Library team at email@example.com if you have any questions.