Applying through Clearing
Did you know that Clearing actually starts before A-level results day? Clearing opens on 5 July. You can contact us from that date if you:
- didn’t apply to any universities
- applied but didn’t receive any offers
- declined all your offers
- already have your results
Check our Clearing website to see if we have vacancies on the course you’re interested in. If we do, simply give us a call on 0116 252 5281 and we’ll guide you through the process. Make sure you have your UCAS ID number on hand when you call.
On results day
If your results weren’t quite what you expected and you find yourself without a place at university – don’t panic. You can still find a place through Clearing. You’ll know whether or not you’re in Clearing by checking your status on UCAS Track.
What to do on the day
- Check our Clearing website to see if we have vacancies on the course you’re interested in.
- Give us a call on our Clearing hotline and we’ll discuss your grades with you and see if we’re able to make you an offer.
- Log onto UCAS Track to make us your Clearing choice.
- Celebrate – you’re on your way to Leicester!
Whether you apply through Early Clearing or on A-level results day, once you’ve firmly accepted an offer to study with us, you’ll be able to apply for accommodation. You’ll still be guaranteed a place in University-managed accommodation so long as you apply before 1 September.