- 22nd-28th in the UK and 201st-300th in the world in the Shanghai Ranking
- 34th in the Complete University Guide 2019
- 38th in the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019
- 63rd in the Guardian University Guide 2019
- Leicester was awarded Silver in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
- Leicester was named runner-up University of the Year in the Times/Sunday Times University Guide 2014
Times Higher Education World University Rankings
Leicester is ranked 167th in the world and 25th in the UK. The Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings lists the best global universities based on core missions including teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook. In the first THE European Teaching Ranking, piloted this year, Leicester ranked in the 51-75 band. This puts Leicester in the 33-43 band for UK universities on teaching related metrics.
QS World University Rankings
First compiled in 2004, the QS World University Rankings currently ranks 1,000 of the world's finest universities. Leicester is placed 223rd in the 2019 QS World University Rankings, up an impressive 15 places from the previous year. This places us 31st in the list of UK universities included in the ranking.
Leicester is ranked in the top 25 universities in the Times Higher Education REF Research Power rankings. The Power ranking takes into account both the quality of research and the number of research-active staff who made REF returns. Research power is important because it gives a strong indication of a combination of world-class research, international impact, critical mass and sustainability.
75% of our research was judged to be internationally excellent with wide-ranging impacts on society, health culture,and the environment. That Leicester also entered a substantial proportion of academics (84%) to the REF demonstrates that our academics are continuing to develop and build upon our world-leading research.