Return to accommodation
Browse our hallsIf you’re staying in halls or even in private accommodation, you can apply to stay in University-managed accommodation next year as a returning student.
- All bills and services included.
- Social spaces, study rooms, music rooms, launderettes and more on-site facilities.
- 24/7 security and reception.
- Contents insurance included.
- Residence Life support service and social programme.
Why return to University accommodation?
- With the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, University accommodation can provide flexibility and support unavailable in the private sector.
- Brand new premium accommodation for 2021 at Nixon Court.
- Rooms from less than £100 per week.
- Arrive in halls one week earlier than new students at no extra cost.
- If you want to live with your friends next year, you can make a group application.
Flexibility surrounding COVID-19
University-managed accommodation can provide flexibility on tenancy agreements and additional support unavailable in private sector accommodation.
- Contracts for the full year, term-by-term or short stays to choose what suits you!
- Flexible arrangements and rent rebates in the event students are unable to stay in their accommodation (e.g. in national lockdowns or University closures)*
- Free quarantine accommodation for students arriving from abroad, including free food packs.
- On-site services and support 24/7 for students in self-isolation.
Make your application
View all the options and make your application now on the accommodation portal. On our accommodation search make sure to choose ‘Undergraduate Returner’ or ‘Postgraduate Returner’ under your application pathway.
If you want to live with your friends next year, you can make a group application! You’ll need to apply as normal on the accommodation portal (make sure to apply for the same locations/room types). Then specify the names and student ID numbers of the people you wish to live with in your application notes so we can group you together.
*Rent rebates have been provided during periods of national lockdown in the 2019/20 and 2020/21 academic years. Rebates were calculated where the accommodation had not been occupied during these periods. Rent rebates are issued at the discretion of the University of Leicester.