How to apply for accommodation
As a new first year student, you are guaranteed an offer of University-managed accommodation if you apply before 1 September in the year that you start your degree.
You can apply using our online application system. Click 'Search Accommodation' in the top right hand corner.
- If you are a UK/EU student, select 'Undergraduate' first and then 'New Undergraduate (Home/EU)'.
- If you are an International (non-EU) student, select 'Undergraduate' first and then 'New Undergraduate (International/Non-EU)'.
- If you are an Erasmus student, Study Abroad student 'Study Abroad & Erasmus'.
- If you are a student from the Global Study Centre, select 'Global Study Centre'.
- If you're taking an English language course, select 'ELTU & Study Skills' and then select the relevant contract depending on your course and the academic year you're studying in.
To create an account, you will need your University of Leicester ID number - the 9-digit number included with your offer letter. Please note that this is not your UCAS number. If you do not have a student ID, contact the Admissions Office. The email address used to create an account will be used to contact you until you arrive so we advise you not to use a school email address.
You can apply for up to six room type/location combinations (e.g. ‘Digby Houses - Single bedroom with Washbasin’). You can also specify if you'd like to live in a single or mixed gender flat and add any specific requirements. We will make every effort to allocate a room that matches your requirements based on availability.
If you're not sure what type of accommodation would be best for you, please get in touch and we'll guide you through the options.
Studying for only one semester
If you will be studying with us for just one semester you can apply for accommodation just for this period. When you search for accommodation, you will be able to select a contract that suits you. The deadline for applications for a guaranteed offer of accommodation is 1 September for accommodation in Semester One or mid-December for accommodation in Semester Two.