Our members make up an interdisciplinary team of leading scientists. Here, you can learn more about our leadership team and executive committee.
Professor Chris Brightling
- NIHR Senior Investigator and Clinical Professor in Respiratory Medicine
- Fellow of the Academy of Medical Sciences and NIHR Senior Investigator
- Respiratory Theme Lead for Leicester NIHR-Biomedical Research Centre co-ordinates the MRC Molecular Pathology Node EMBER and is the Respiratory lead for the IMI 3TR.
- National lead for the post-COVID consortium PHOSP-COVID and local research lead for the COVID-19 pandemic.
Professor Don J.L. Jones
- Professor in Translational Biomarkers Co-Director of the John and Lucille van Geest Biomarker Facility
- LD3 Director
- Part of the precision medicine cross cutting theme of the NIHR-Biomedical Research Centre
Professor Jacqui Shaw
- Professor of Translational Cancer Genetics
- Leads on an integrated programme of clinical and translational research between the two universities funded by a Programme award from Cancer Research UK
- Leads the cfDNA advisory group for the 100,000 Genomes project led by Genomics England
Dr Lynne Howells
- Extensive experience of in vitro, in vivo, and ex vivo translational cancer research with a focus on therapeutic cancer prevention
- Delivery of bench-to-bedside cancer research programmes as part of the Experimental Cancer Medicine Centre Network
IPH commercial manager
Dr Carl Edwards
- Extensive experience in managing development of commercial portfolios
- Facilitates industry-led research collaborations in precision health
Ms Louise Fairgrieve provides communications expertise to enhance visibility of our portfolio both internally and externally.