Winners of the 12th Festival of Postgraduate Research announced
The winners of the Festival of Postgraduate Research 2016 have been announced.
During the Festival our University gets to showcase the best of its research student talent and this year the standard of entries was very high. Expert judges were extremely impressed by the breadth and quality of work on display and the knowledge and passion for research demonstrated by our presenters.
The prize winners were:
- The Graduate Dean's Prize for Best Poster 2016 – Emma Reddy (Department of English)
- Peer Recommendation Prize – Thomas Chalk (Department of Health Sciences)
- Leicester Mercury Media Prize winner – Reshma Chauhan (Department of Cardiovascular Sciences)
- Best Poster (College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities) winners – Laurence T Droy (School of Sociology) and Emma Reddy (Department of English)
- Best Poster (College of Medicine, Biological Sciences, and Psychology) winner – Reshma Chauhan (Department of Cardiovascular Sciences)
- Best Poster (College of Science and Engineering) winner – Joe Emmings (Department of Geology)
- Best Poster (Distance Learning/Part-Time Research Students) winner – Yim Ling Sung (School of Management)
Also there to receive their prizes was Sameer Kurmani and Akang Ekpenyong-Akiba, winner and runner-up respectively from the University's 3 Minute Thesis competition, and Riya George (runner-up) in the PhDepictions competition.
You can see photographs of the award winners in the Graduate School's report on the Festival.
The Festival concluded with a talk on ‘Communication and Science: It’s All About Passion!”' by Dr Adrian Parton (MBE), celebrated Cambridge microbiologist and highly successful business person as well as renowned philanthropist.