The Annual Industry Lecture
The School of Engineering hosts an annual lecture by a distinguished member of the engineering community. The Annual Industry Lectures are free to attend and are open to both engineering students and practising engineers, as well as the general public.
- 2022 - Jacqui Murray (Deputy Director, Faraday Battery Challenge) and Jackie Butterfield (LB Foster Rail Technologies) - Generation Engineer - Manufacturing Success in the 21st Century
- 2020 - Terry Spall (President Elect, Institution of Mechanical Engineers) - Global Megatrends – their impact on mobility and how we are responding
- 2019 - Professor Danielle George (MBE, FIET) - Innovative Engineering: MM-Wave technologies for future radio astronomy observatories
- 2018 - Professor Mark Miodownik, MBE, (UCL Professor of Materials & Society) - Materials for the 21st Century
- 2017 - Professor William Webb (past President of the IET and CEO of Weightless SIG) - The Internet of Things: when engineers connect everything are we heroes or villains?
- 2016 - Paddy Lowe (Executive Director (Technical), Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula Once) - Formula One: More Than Just a Sport
- 2015 - Professor Ann Dowling (President of the Royal Academy of Engineering) - Towards a Silent Aircraft
- 2014 - Bob Joyce (Main Board Director, Jaguar Land Rover) - Developing the next generation of luxurious and sporting vehicles for a sustainable world
- 2013 - Stuart Wood (Chief Engineer, Concept and Design, Triumph Motorcycles) - Integrated Design for Passionate Customers
- 2012 - Alan Berman (Berman Guedes Stretton Architects) and Thomas Pearson (Arup Design)
- 2011 - Hugo Spowers (Riversimple LLP)
- 2010 - Jem Stansfield (Presenter of BBC's "Bang Goes the Theory")