It is critical that sample preparation is considered before investing time on a microscope or other analytical equipment. Good sample preparation is the key to obtaining good results. The AMC is continually investing in new equipment to ensure samples can be produced, which will produce high quality micrographs on the high resolution microscopes we have available in the centre.
We have a range of sample preparation techniques available:
- Gold and Carbon Sputter Coater
- Ion Milling for EBSD analysis
- Mechanical Polishing
- Plasma Cleaner
- TEM Carbon Extraction Replicas
- Site Specific TEM Samples Produced using a FIB
- TEM Samples produced using Ion Milling
- TEM Thin Foil Samples
- Vibratory Polishing for EBSD analysis
- Gatan Precision Ion polishing System
- Full metallurgical sectioning facility
- Full electro polishing and etching facility
- Chemical etching facility
The AMC provides a sample preparation service for external clients who wish to use our experience and proven refined techniques to ensure they gain the maximum benefit from each session on the microscopes.