Advanced Microscopy Facility
Welcome to Advanced Microscopy Centre which offers expert and specialist support to students, researchers, academics and industry. We have a comprehensive range of light microscopes, electron microscopes, imaging processing and analysis software providing support to a range of disciplines within the University, external research organisations and industry clients. Our equipment is integrated with sophisticated software for image analysis, image processing and x-ray characterisation of materials, with facilities for rapid report generation.
- High Resolution Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM)
- Low-vacuum SEM, with large chamber
- Environmental Scanning Electron Microscopy
- Light / optical microscopy
- Electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD)
- EDS (Energy Dispersive Spectrometry)
- WDS (Wavelength Dispersive Spectrometry)
- Mineral analysis
- Micro XRF analysis
- Micro Computed Tomography (CT) scanning
Microscopes and consultancy
All the instruments are available to all users (University staff, postgraduates and undergraduates) within the University and particularly within the College of Science and Engineering. We also welcome industrial users (see consultancy).
The Centre comprises of various instruments which have a total value of £4million and which is spread across the College of Science and Engineering. More details of the instruments can be found on the advanced microscopy instruments page.
For further information on access to any of the instruments please contact:
Professor Sarah Gabbott - Director of the Advanced Microscopy Centre
Department of Engineering, University of Leicester, Leicester, LE1 7RH
firstname.lastname@example.org; +44(0)116 252 3636
For industry enquiries please contact:
- Nick Watts - email@example.com; +44 (0)116 252 5271
- Kyle Nicholls - firstname.lastname@example.org