Training and development
The AMF staff are very happy to train users from across the university and industry in operating the electron microscopes and sample preparation techniques as well as the other equipment within the facility.
In order to gauge what type of training you may require we will ask the following questions.
- What is the nature of the project? What are you trying to achieve?
- How long the project for is and how many samples will you expect to examine?
- How big are the samples and how much do they weight?
- Will the samples be wet or dry?
- What is the material?
- How big are the features you are trying to resolve?
- Which elements are you expecting to detect?
The video below is a typical example of what is involved in using an electron microscope.
For further information on access to any of the instruments please contact:
- Professor Sarah Gabbott - Director of the Advanced Microscopy Centre
- Department of Engineering University of Leicester
- Leicester, LE1 7RH
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +44(0)116 252 3636