Botanic Garden and Attenborough Arboretum
The Botanic Garden and Attenborough Arboretum are open throughout the year, seven days a week, 10am to 4pm (5pm during British Summer Time), except that...
- The Garden is closed on 25 December, 26 December and 1 January
- The glasshouses are closed at weekends and from 22 December 2022 - 3 January 2023.
- The Arboretum is closed over the whole Christmas - New Year period.
University of Leicester Botanic Garden
Public entrance: Glebe Road, Leicester LE2 2LD. Bicycle racks are provided at the Garden entrance and car parking is available on-street.
University of Leicester Attenborough Arboretum
Entrance: Carisbrooke Road, Leicester LE2 3PF. There is a small car-park.
Accessibility and facilities
The paths are suitable for wheelchair users.
There are no refreshment facilities at the Garden or Arboretum. However, we will be offering refreshments at some of our special events.
Greenhouses - Garden only
The alpine, desert, temperate and tropical greenhouses are open daily (Mon - Fri) as follows:
- opening times: 10.00am - 3.00pm
- Christmas closure 2022/2023: closed from Friday 23 December 2022 to Tuesday 3 January 2023 inclusive
See our sculpture booklet for more information about the twelve permanent sculptures at the Botanic Garden.
Printable ideas to use with children when visiting the Botanic Garden.
Owing to the high number of school groups and casual visitors who use all parts of the Garden and Arboretum, we do not allow the scattering of cremation ash in either location.