Botanic Garden and Attenborough Arboretum
The Botanic Garden and Attenborough Arboretum are open throughout the year, seven days a week, 10am to 4pm (5pm during British Summer Time), except that ...
- The Garden is closed on 25 December, 26 December and 1 January
- The Arboretum is closed over the whole Christmas - New Year period.
University of Leicester Botanic Garden
Public entrance: Glebe Road, Leicester LE2 2LD. Bicycle racks are provided at the Garden entrance and car parking is available on-street.
University of Leicester Attenborough Arboretum
Public entrance: via College Court, Knighton Road, Leicester LE2 3UF, where there is a designated visitor car park.
School party entrance: Carisbrooke Road, Leicester LE2 3PF
Accessibility and facilities
The paths are suitable for wheelchair users.
There are no refreshment facilities at the Garden or Arboretum. However, we will be offering refreshments at some of our special events.
Greenhouses - Garden only
The greenhouses remain closed, owing to works in progress, until further notice.
In normal times, the alpine, desert, temperate and tropical greenhouses are open daily (Mon - Sat) as follows:
- Summer opening times: 10am - 3.30pm (3pm on Friday)
- Winter opening times: 10am - 3.30pm (3pm on Friday); Saturday 10am - 2.30pm
- Christmas closure 2021/2022: closed from 24 December 2021 to Sunday 3 January 2022 inclusive
Owing to the high number of school parties and casual visitors who use all parts of the Garden and Arboretum, we do not allow the scattering of cremation ash in either location.