Building Bridges 2020
- Date: Thursday 21st May 2020
- Time: 6.30 pm
- Contact: Dr Yan Ying
About the event
The East Midlands Regional Group in collaboration with the Centre for Translation and Interpreting Studies, University of Leicester, is proud to present Building Bridges, a free social evening of networking creating links between university programmes and the professional translation industry. During the evening, there will be a series of short talks by professional translators from the EMRG about the changes and challenges facing the profession. This year we also welcome a representative from the National Register of Public Services Interpreting. The event will be concluded with a small reception, provided by the Centre for Translation and Interpreting Studies, University of Leicester.
Our speakers include:
Naomi Porter: Raising your profile post-MA
- Naomi is a French to English translator specialising in travel, tourism and the arts.
Frances Warburton: Accounting and finances
- Frances is a Japanese to English translator specialising in business and legal documents.
Jon Olds: Machine Translation
- Jon is a freelance French to English translator specialising in investor relations, financial reporting and corporate governance with a keen interest in translation technology and machine translation. He builds his own MT engines using the freely available state-of-the-art solutions and has written various plug-ins integrating them with SDL Trados and memoQ.
Stephanie Donat: Project Manager Perspectives
- Steph is a French to English translator, specialising in corporate communications. She is also a part-time translation project manager at Freeman Williams Language Solutions Ltd.
Ellen Worrell: Mastering the MITI
- Ellen is an award-winning translator specialising in furniture manufacturing, travel and tourism, animal and nature conservation, and renewable energy