We organise regular research seminars and conferences and host visiting speakers. In the past, the Centre has played host to such events as the AHRC-funded Translating Cultures Network Key Cultural Texts in Translation, and from November 2012 to July 2013 the Centre collaborated with the Intercultural Studies Group, Universitat Rovira i Virgili (Tarragona, Spain) and the European Society for Translation Studies on a research project on translation in language learning, commissioned by the Directorate General for Translation of the European Union.
- LeCTIS Seminar Series 2018/19
- Building bridges - Creating links between university programmes and the professional translation industry
- Research seminar: 'Talking Transformations: poetry, art, and translational migrations'
- Towards Transnational Feminist Translation and Translation Studies
- Crime fiction in translation
- Insights into the language of dubbing: naturalness and spontaneity vs. standardisation and artificiality
- Thick Translation of Chin Ping Mei by David Roy: Type, Function and Features
- Performability and performativity in the English translation of Federico García Lorca's rural trilogy
See a list of events which took place between October and December 2017.