Identity check and Visa checkpoint
Once you have completed online registration, to finish your registration you will need to attend either an ID check (UK/EEA/Swiss students) or a visa checkpoint (international students) when you arrive.
If you are a UK, EEA or Swiss citizen, you will need to show your passport, national identity card, or full UK birth certificate. If you have other immigration permission to be in the UK you will need to provide documentation to prove this. Once this is done, you are officially a University of Leicester student and will receive your student ID card so you can start accessing the library and your student finance.
Documents to bring with you
Make sure to bring to University with you the documents you need:
- UK students: passport or full UK birth certificate
- EEA or Swiss students: passport or national identity card
- International students: passport and visa
Where to go
- If you are a UK/EEA/Swiss student living in University managed accommodation, your identity check will take place in your hall when you arrive.
- If you an international student your visa checkpoint will take place in the Charles Wilson Building. If you opted to collect your biometric residence permit from the university (rather than the post office) when you applied for your visa, you will receive it at visa checkpoint too.
Registration deadlines vary from course to course – so check when you need to register by. But don't leave it till the deadline - we recommend that you register as soon as you can after you arrive.
Find out what you need to do, particularly if you are on a tier 4 visa.