The Leicester Award
The Leicester Award is our unique personal development programme which is available to every Citizen of Change, giving you the edge that you need in the jobs market.
The programme helps you to identify, develop, reflect upon and articulate your self-awareness and transferable skills from your academic studies and experiences beyond your degree – developing your CV and making you more employable. The Leicester Award can give you the important skills that employers are looking for in a post-Covid world.
Completing the Leicester Award will enable you to:
- Better understand your strengths, development areas and motivations
- Gain additional experience and develop your transferable skills
- Develop your reflective skills and learn how to articulate your transferable skills, knowledge and achievements from your experience
- Develop an appropriate CV and receive feedback
- Prepare you for the Leicester Award Gold
Taking the Duke of Edinburgh's Award? The Leicester Award is recognised by DofE programme so you can use it as the ‘skills section’ of your DofE Award.
The Leicester Award Gold
Want to take your employability to the next level? The Leicester Award Gold is a next stage career development programme, designed to support you in achieving a significant employability experience such as an internship, an industry placement, a year abroad or even – for budding entrepreneurs – a business start-up opportunity.