At Leicester we recognise that students need flexibility when paying fees. We provide a range of payment options to suit everyone.
If a sponsor is paying your fees, the process is slightly different.
When to pay your tuition fees
The tuition fee for your course (after deduction of any discounts or University of Leicester Scholarships you might be awarded) will be stated in the offer letter sent to you by the University.
You should pay your tuition fee, either:
- before the start of your academic year in full
- or in two equal instalments. The first instalment is due before the start of the academic year and the second is due three months after the start of your academic year.
We must receive your first instalment in full before you can register for your course.
If your financial circumstances change after you have started your course please contact the Fees Payments Office to discuss this.
For more information please see our Finance Office's fee information.
- If you are resident outside the EU, you will need to pay a £2,000 deposit (if your course starts in autumn 2019 or later).
Distance learning students
If you're a distance learning student, the relevant payment options and amounts will be detailed in your offer email. You can pay:
- in full by the payment date stated on your offer, or
- in two equal instalments: the first by the payment date stated on your offer and the second one year later, or
- in six equal instalments over your first two years of study.
We must receive your first instalment in full by the payment date stated in your offer before you can register for your studies. Please allow 48 hours for card payments through our online e-pay site (or 7-10 days for other payment methods) to ensure that you meet the relevant payment deadline and can begin your studies on your intended start date.
Your Distance Learning Team can also provide advice about fee payments from other sources (such as a sponsor, student finance, ELCAS or a loan) or if your financial circumstances change after you have started your course.
For all queries regarding payment of fees for distance learning PhD or Doctorate courses please contact our Fees Payments Office.
For more information on fees please see our Finance Office's fee information.