How to pay your tuition or accommodation fees
You can pay your tuition or accommodation fees using a variety of payment methods. Please note that you will not be able to complete your online registration as a Leicester student until the payment is in our bank account – so don’t leave it too late.
There is a different process if a sponsor has agreed to pay all or part of your tuition fee.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you live outside the UK/Ireland, you will need to pay a £3,000 deposit to secure your place at Leicester.
If you have a sponsor
A sponsor is a company or organisation, such as a government agency or charity, which has agreed to pay all or part of your tuition fee. Relatives and other individuals cannot be sponsors though they can pay your fee. Bank loans paid to you are also not sponsors.
When to pay your tuition fees
The tuition fee for your course (after deduction of any discounts or University of Leicester scholarships you might be awarded) will be stated in the offer letter sent to you by the University.
You should pay your tuition fee, either:
- before the start of your academic year in full
- or in two equal instalments. The first instalment is due before the start of the academic year. The second instalment will depend on your course start.
- If your course starts in October your second instalment will be due 1 February that academic year. If your course starts in January your second instalment will be due 1 May that academic year.
We must receive your first instalment in full before you can register for your course.
Distance learning students
If you're a distance learning student, the relevant payment options and amounts will be detailed in your offer email. You can pay:
- in full by the payment date stated on your offer, or
- in two equal instalments: the first by the payment date stated on your offer and the second one year later, or
- in six equal instalments over your first two years of study.
We must receive your first instalment in full by the payment date stated in your offer before you can register for your studies. Please allow 48 hours for card payments through our online e-pay site (or 7-10 days for other payment methods) to ensure that you meet the relevant payment deadline and can begin your studies on your intended start date.
Your Distance Learning Team can also provide advice about fee payments from other sources (such as a sponsor, student finance, ELCAS or a loan) or if your financial circumstances change after you have started your course.
When to pay your accommodation fees
If you are staying in University accommodation for 39, 40 or 42 week contracts, or for two terms, you are expected to pay your fees as follows for 2023/24:
Term 1 (September to December)
- 12 October 2023
Term 2 (January to April)
- 18 January 2024
Term 3 (May to July)
- 9 May 2024
To pay your fees please find out more about our payment methods.