How to pay if you have a sponsor/postgraduate loan

A sponsor is a company or organisation, such as a government agency or charity, which has agreed to pay all or part of your tuition fee. Relatives and other individuals cannot be sponsors though they can pay your fee. They should use one of the regular payment methods.

Before your sponsor can pay your fee, we need to send them an invoice. To do this, you need to send us a completed sponsor form (Word, 25kb) or a financial guarantee letter from your sponsor containing this information. Email the form/financial guarantee letter to

After you have registered on your course, we will send an invoice to your sponsor who will need to pay the full sponsorship amount within 30 days. Important: You are responsible for payment of your fee. If, for whatever reason, your sponsor fails to pay then we will require you to pay in full.

If your sponsor is only paying part of your fee, you will need to pay the rest by one of the regular payment methods.

Postgraduate Student Loan

The following is for domestic students only who are in receipt of a postgraduate loan from the UK Student Loans Company. If you are in receipt of any other loan you will be treated as a self-funding student.

If you have successfully applied for a postgraduate student loan from the UK Student Loans Company, the money will transfer straight to your bank account. If you wish to pay your tuition fees in line with the instalment dates that you receive your postgraduate loan, you will need to send your confirmation of your loan statement to

Learn more about postgraduate loans.

Back to top