Places are limited on our campus-based postgraduate courses, so we ask students to pay a deposit to secure their place
- If you are a UK or Republic of Ireland national, you do not need to pay a deposit.
Securing your place
You will need to pay a deposit of £2,000 to secure your place (subject to meeting any offer conditions).
See our How to pay page for methods of paying your deposit, which will be subtracted from your total tuition fee.
No deposit needed if...
- …you are an American student applying for a Federal Direct loan or a Sallie Mae loan to cover at least the value of your tuition fee.
- …your fees are being paid by a sponsor (not a member of your family).
If you are being sponsored you must provide a letter from your sponsor which clearly states that they are paying your tuition fee at the University of Leicester, including the course title, the course duration and your name.
Please send evidence of your loan or sponsorship to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tier 4 CAS
We will be unable to issue your Certificate of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) number required to make your Tier 4 visa application until your deposit has been paid or you have submitted your funding evidence.
We can refund your deposit if you contact us within 14 days of payment. After this period, a refund will only be made in the following circumstances:
- …if your visa is refused (unless it was refused for reasons of credibility or misleading documentation).
- …if you fail to meet the conditions of your offer.
- …if there are exceptional reasons for not taking up your study place.
If you decide to withdraw within 14 days of starting your course, your deposit will be refunded.
A refund will be made by the same method that you paid your deposit.
Please refer to the terms and conditions of your offer.
Deferring your deposit
If you have already paid your deposit and then decide you want to defer your offer of a study place to the following academic year, please let us know at email@example.com. We can carry your deposit over to count towards your deferred offer.