Places are limited on our campus-based postgraduate courses, so we ask students to pay a deposit to secure their place.
- If you are a UK or Republic of Ireland national, you do not need to pay a deposit.
Securing your place
You will need to pay a deposit of £3,000 to secure your place (subject to meeting any offer conditions).
See our How to pay page for methods of paying your deposit, which will be subtracted from your total tuition fee.
No deposit needed if...
- …you are an American student applying for a Federal Direct loan or a Sallie Mae loan to cover at least the value of your tuition fee.
- …you are a Canadian student applying for a Canadian Government support loan.
- …your fees are being paid by a sponsor (not a member of your family).
If you are being sponsored you must provide a letter from your sponsor which clearly states that they are paying your tuition fee at the University of Leicester, including the course title, the course duration and your name.
Please send evidence of your loan or sponsorship to email@example.com
Student Visa CAS
We will be unable to issue your Certificate of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) number, required to make your Student Visa application, until your deposit has been paid or you have submitted your funding evidence.
We can refund your deposit if you contact us within 14 days of payment. After this period, a refund will only be made in the following circumstances:
- …if your visa is refused (unless it was refused for reasons of credibility or misleading documentation).
- …if you fail to meet the conditions of your offer.
- …if there are exceptional reasons for not taking up your study place (Please note you may be asked to provide evidence to support your refund request).
If you decide to withdraw within 14 days of the course start date, your deposit will be refunded.
A refund will be made by the same method that you paid your deposit.
Please note deposit refund requests will not be considered after three months following the start date of your course. This is the start date shown on your offer letter.
Please refer to the terms and conditions of your offer.
Deferring your deposit
If you have already paid your deposit and then decide you want to defer your offer of a study place to the following academic year, please let us know. We can carry your deposit over to count towards your deferred offer.