Leicester leaps into the Complete University Guide top 30 rankings
The University of Leicester has climbed 11 places in the Complete University Guide 2023, ranking it in the top 30 Higher Education Institutions in the UK.
The University’s position of 29th recognises the positive steps it has made in the past 12 months in a number of areas, including: student satisfaction; job prospects; the amount spent by universities per student; the proportion of students securing first and upper second degrees; the quality and intensity of research and the effectiveness of teaching.
The achievement comes after the University’s success in the Research Excellence Framework, where its research was ranked 30th in the UK.The last 12 months also saw Leicester named the highest climber in the Guardian University Guide, where it was placed 30th in the UK.
Professor Nishan Canagarajah, President and Vice-Chancellor at the University of Leicester, said: “I am delighted to see the continued hard work of everybody at the University of Leicester recognised by this significant rise in the Complete University Guide rankings.
“Our top 30 position reflects the progress we have made in implementing our student-centred education strategy and the commitment to excellence at Leicester.
“The news comes off the back of our incredible performance in the Research Excellence Framework, which ranked our research in the top 30 in the UK, and our huge leap in the Guardian University Guide rankings.
“I would like to congratulate everybody associated with the University for this latest, and well-deserved, accolade.”
Notable league table highlights for the University include:
- The institution’s Research Quality rising 22 places to 27th
- Student Satisfaction going up 55 places to 44th
- Academic Services Spend, which includes expenditure on library and computing facilities, museums and galleries, rising 13 places to 15th
- Medicine climbing 18 places to 7th
- Languages making significant improvements – French up 20 places to 17th; Italian rising 20 places to 7th and Iberian Languages climbing 25 places to 17th
- Economics rising 13 places to 43rd
- History going up 12 places to 28th
- English rising 13 places to 32nd
View the breakdown of our rankings on the Complete University Guide website.