Modern Languages and Translation: Chinese/Arabic pathway
Pathway for native Chinese and Arabic speakers
Our Modern Languages and Translation BA will help you gain the skills you need while studying a foreign language in depth. As an advanced language learner you will immediately start translating and interpreting into your target language.
If you are a native Chinese or Arabic speaker (or have an A-level in Chinese or Arabic) but do not have the necessary qualification in a European language, you can take beginners-level modules in French, Italian or Spanish and apply your translation studies to English-Chinese / English-Arabic.
- You will be improving your English language proficiency in an English university
- You will be learning professional translation and interpreting skills between English and Chinese / Arabic
- You will be learning another European language (Spanish, French or Italian), benefiting from a free summer school in the country of your other European language in the summer of your first year
- You will be spending a Year Abroad in a country or countries of your other European language. You could be either taking university courses or acquiring work experience
- You will be studying in a school which continuously ranks among the top 10 in The Guardian league table
What can I do with a degree in Modern Languages and Translation?
Almost all graduates of our international students continue to pursue their postgraduate studies in the UK. Those who are determined to be a translator and/or interpreter take their MA studies in the universities such as UCL, Durham and Leeds. Those who want to pursue a different career path have taken programmes such as MA in International Relations (Bath), MA in Education Policy and Government (King's); MA in Media and Communications (UCL).